[Twisted-Python] Twisted 14.0.0-pre2 Announcement

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:19:12 MDT 2014

On 09/04/14 18:47, Glyph wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2014, at 9:42 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
> <mailto:exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a warning that just about every Twisted user is going to see
>> and it's confusing (_sslverify.py? what?) and poorly formatted.
>
> I can definitely fix the formatting (and maybe a few other things in
> this area...) for a new prerelease.
>
> But how would you recommend we make the warning come from a more

How is the library used?

If it's used under new APIs, then just fail if it's not installed.

If it's used under old APIs, then don't warn at all; either deprecate
those APIs because you think they're unsafe, or keep quiet ;o)

If you must warn, warn at runtime not import time.

Just my £0.03 (inflation).