[Twisted-Python] Fwd: Trouble with session id reuse/disabling with twisted TLS

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 11:26:11 MDT 2014

On 30/04/14 17:43, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a twisted service, which uses TLS and I seeing some odd behaviour.
>
> New connections are accepted fine, but if a client tries to re-use a
> TLS session id with a new connection, the services rejects the
> connection.

This example:

https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/12.0.0/core/howto/ssl.html#auto2

...seems to work fine for me on both Twisted 12.1.0 / pyOpenSSL 0.13.1
and Twisted 13.2.0 / pyOpenSSL 0.14. I'm testing using:

openssl s_client -connect host:port -reconnect

...and seeing:

drop connection and then reconnect
CONNECTED(00000003)
---
Reused, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is AES256-GCM-SHA384

^^^^^^ looks ok.

What do you see if you use that openssl command to test? Can you reduce
it to a sscce with a fake self-signed cert?