[Twisted-Python] Some comments regarding #5190 - ``RFC 6125 ("Service Identity") implementation´´

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 30 06:21:30 MDT 2014

Hello,

I've just noticed that the changeset for #5190 included some untested
code.  Specifically, there are no tests for the code which detects
missing dependencies and emits warnings about them.

I'd previously noticed that this code was broken but hadn't realized
this was because it was untested.

I don't think there's any disagreement whatsoever over Twisted's testing
requirements.  All code must have full line and branch coverage (as
reported by the coverage.py tool).  Developers, please write tests for
all of your code (and please learn to do test-driven development - it
will make this task easier, I promise).  Reviewers, please don't accept
proposed changes that include untested code.

Thanks,
Jean-Paul