[Twisted-Python] IFinishableConsumer in twisted.protocols.ftp.IFinishableConsumer

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Apr 3 03:59:36 MDT 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 1:13 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reading the producer/consumer docs I first found out that
>
> IFinishableConsumer api link is broken (link to twisted.internet.interfaces):
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/producers.html#auto7
>
> Then I found out that IFinishableConsumer is defined in
> twisted.protocols.ftp.IFinishableConsumer
>
> I was expecting to see the interface defined in twisted.internet.interfaces .
>
> Should the broken link be fixed or interfaced moved ?
>
> I think that moving the interface should be safe, as old imports will
> still work.

Given that:

  1. this interface has apparently worked this way for a long time,
  2. work to overhaul these interfaces is ongoing in the 'tubes' branch
  3. apparently nobody was using that method anyway since this is the first complaint I'm aware of

I think the docs should be changed to reflect reality rather than the other way around.  We can just remove the mention of IFinishableConsumer and document that in FTP.

-glyph