[Twisted-Python] run python application with twistd -y ifinger.tac, error occurs. please help to check

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Tue Sep 17 03:06:32 MDT 2013

Hi Charles,

Yes, twistd doesn't appear to work on py3k. Not being able to import
_preamble is normal (once Twisted has been installed), but _preamble does
assume sys.exc_clear exists, which isn't true on 3.x.

I couldn't find any ticket on this. Perhaps you should file it (and maybe
fix it!) :)

It's my understanding that the new except clause semantics are expected to
take care of this problem.

Can someone comment as to why this was put there in the first place, and,
specifically, why it can't just be "pass"? Is there some logging system
that looks at the current exception or something when twistd (or some other
script) starts?

cheers
lvh