[Twisted-Python] Cancelling a pb callRemote

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Sep 19 07:28:20 MDT 2013

On 12:38 pm, p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk wrote:
>On 18/09/13 17:34, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>>On 04:08 pm, p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk wrote:
>>>
>>>Don't people miss the symmetry of PB? Not to mention you can be lazy
>>>and avoid defining a schema! Or are people using Twisted->Other AMP
>>>connections?
>>
>>AMP is symmetric in the same way PB is.
>
>Exactly the same? I know you can callRemote on both sides, but only for
>registered Command responders IIRC?

That's right (at least with the primary API exposed by the Twisted
implementation of AMP).  This is analogous to how you can only call
`remote_*´ methods with PB - regardless of whether the calls are client
to server or server to client.  For both protocols, these are API
decisions.  The wire protocol for AMP says nothing about `Command´ or
"responders" just as the wire protocol for PB says nothing about a
`remote_´ method name prefix.

Jean-Paul