[Twisted-Python] "mind" introduced strangely in pb howto

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 24 11:50:45 MDT 2013

On Oct 24, 2013, at 12:48 AM, Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de> wrote:

> However: this all does not explain (at least I dont understand) why the OP has that issue showing up .. Firefox is able to load intermediate CA certs from the net .. I have seen it .. also for StartSSL certs. Something is breaking this. Maybe it's MITM TLS, maybe they blocked intermediate cert auto-loading, .. dunno.

Firefox does not load intermediate CA certs from the network.  It - and pretty much all other browsers, as far as I know - will sometimes magically cache intermediary certificates.  So if you visit the site in a browser that happens to have had the right intermediate CA certificate cached (probably because you visited another StartSSL free site, in twistedmatrix.com's case) then you will get no warning.  This is why most people don't actually see a warning on the site :-).

But we'll have this problem fixed For Real soon!

-glyph