[Twisted-Python] "mind" introduced strangely in pb howto

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Thu Oct 24 02:08:14 MDT 2013

Am 24.10.2013 um 09:48 schrieb Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de>:

> FWIW, you can manually concatenate certs .. this is what we do (also for StartSSL):
>
>    $ cat myserver_plain_cert.crt > myserver.crt
>    $ cat ../sub.class1.server.sha2.ca.pem >> myserver.crt
>    $ cat ../ca.pem >> myserver.crt
>
> A concatenated cert like above works today without the new code that is upcoming in Twisted. Which is cool also.

That is completely new to me. Are you sure you’re not mixing up Twisted’s behavior with nginx?

If what you say is true, there would have never been the need for #2061 and the monkey patching everyone was doing before it landed. Can you point me at a server where you have deployed TLS like that please?