[Twisted-Python] Twisted 13.2.0pre1 Announcement

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Oct 22 17:59:34 MDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 11:50 PM, HawkOwl <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone!

Hello HawkOwl!  Congratulations on getting your first Twisted release started, and thank you very much for volunteering to do it!

> I bring news of a Twisted pre-release - 13.2.0pre1, to be exact! This will be
> followed by the full release of 13.2.0 in the coming weeks.
> The highlights of this release are:

>  * Twisted now includes a HostnameEndpoint implementation which uses IPv4 and
>   IPv6 in parallel, speeding up the connection by using whichever connects
>   first (the 'Happy Eyeballs'/RFC 6555 algorithm). (#4859)

Fantastic!  Arguably adding this was one of the central points of the Endpoints API in the first place, this unified "do what I want" endpoint is a big step forward for any clients using Twisted! :-).  It's great to see this finally land.

>  * Improved support for Cancellable Deferreds by kaizhang, our GSoC student.
>   (#4320, #6532, #6572, #6639)
>  * Improved Twisted.Mail documentation by shira, our Outreach Program for Women
>   intern. (#6649, #6652)

Clearly our participation in these programs is continuing to be a huge benefit to Twisted.

>  * twistd now waits for the application to start successfully before exiting
>   after daemonization. (#823)
>  * SSL server endpoint string descriptions now support the specification of
>   chain certificates. (#6499)

I can't wait to get this deployed on twistedmatrix.com itself ;-).

-glyph