[Twisted-Python] AutobahnPython 0.6.3 - WebSocket compression and more

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 02:50:00 MDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 08:51 AM, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

> I did some further looking around: turns out there is TLS-PGP
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6091
>
> Does someone know whether OpenSSL supports that?

There are *lots* of TLS extensions that eliminate or obviate the need
for the (horrible) PKIX trust model as deployed. For example, TLS PSK,
TLS-SRP, the PGP method you've found, and others.

Right now, none are useful in a browser, but personally I have high
hopes for raw keys, trust-anchored by DNSSEC via RFC 6698. In this
model, X.509 is essentially just a payload format for certs - the entire
trust model is unused.

> [Sidenote: if not, one more reason why a pure Python TLS

Such as tlslite?