[Twisted-Python] Twisted 13.2.0pre1 Announcement

HawkOwl hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Tue Oct 22 00:50:46 MDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I bring news of a Twisted pre-release - 13.2.0pre1, to be exact! This will be
followed by the full release of 13.2.0 in the coming weeks.

The highlights of this release are:

  * Twisted now includes a HostnameEndpoint implementation which uses IPv4 and
    IPv6 in parallel, speeding up the connection by using whichever connects
    first (the 'Happy Eyeballs'/RFC 6555 algorithm). (#4859)

  * Improved support for Cancellable Deferreds by kaizhang, our GSoC student.
    (#4320, #6532, #6572, #6639)

  * Improved Twisted.Mail documentation by shira, our Outreach Program for Women
    intern. (#6649, #6652)

  * twistd now waits for the application to start successfully before exiting
    after daemonization. (#823)

  * SSL server endpoint string descriptions now support the specification of
    chain certificates. (#6499)

  * Over 70 closed tickets since 13.1.0.

For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).

The pre-release tarballs can be found at the link below - please download them
and test them as much as you can.

Tarballs:           http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/13.2.0pre1/
NEWS.txt:           http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/13.2.0pre1/NEWS.txt

Twisted Regards,