[Twisted-Python] Do Viewables absolutely have to be return'ed by Avatars?

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 14:19:13 MST 2013

>>> One way to fix this is to manually construct a ViewPoint rather than a Viewable and pass that to the client.
>>
>> If someone would be willing to supply a very simple demonstration of
>> this I would appreciate it very much.
>
> It's a very simple change to your server; your client remains the same.  Just construct a
> ViewPoint with the user as perspective around your viewable.

I just looked at the viewpoint api docs. I believe I understand. Thank you.

>> I am willing to help but as of right now I only know how to use
>> perspective broker; I do not know how it works under the hood.
>
> Well, it's open source, so the hood opens right up, go ahead and pop it :-).

Indeed I will do so. I just meant to indicate that as I have no prior
experience with the source I cannot promise any sort of timeliness for
a fix.

>> I have been collecting notes on bugs in the perspective broker
>> documentation. I promise to submit a documentation patch when I have a
>> first draft of my project up and running.
>
> Please feel free to submit _many_ bugs, if there are many issues :-).

There are indeed many issues, however they are inter-related. As I
said, I will try to make some sense out of what needs to be fixed and
file (and fix!) tickets in as orderly a fashion as I can.

-Daniel Sank