[Twisted-Python] how to change an qt4 applicaion using twisted?

yangyouxiu yangyouxiu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 17:31:25 MST 2013

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I will try your advices.

杨有秀
敬上

From: Daniel Sank
Date: 2013-11-18 01:01
To: Twisted general discussion
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] how to change an qt4 applicaion using twisted?
Yangyouxiu,

I can definitely help you with this as I've recently written a chat
server/client with twisted+PyQt4 and am working on a more complex
program that uses PyQt4 with twisted's perspective broker.

I have attached five files:

1. client-pyqtreactor.py is a chat client using pyqtreactor and PyQt4.
2. ui.ui is the user interface file loaded by client-pyqtreactor.py
3. server.py is a chat server using asyncore. Note that the server
need not use PyQt4 as it has no GUI.
4. constants.py contains configuration data for the client and server
5. qt4reactor.py is the custom reactor

Put these all in the same directory, then run the server, then run
some clients. When the client window appears click "connect" and then
you can use it just like any other network chat program.

I hope this helps, and if anyone has suggestions on how to improve the
client code please tell me, as I intend on using it as part of a
tutorial on twsited+PyQt4.

Danie Sank