[Twisted-Python] Error unmerging r40589

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Wed Nov 6 03:57:59 MST 2013

Hi,

I tried to review #2053. Unfortunately, the patch had a wrong name and a
wrong topfile (the author was convinced they were working on 2503). I
noticed the wrong patch name, but missed the wrong topfile. So, I'm trying
to unmerge that revision (40589) from trunk using  "svn merge -c -40589 .".
That part works, but a pre-commit hook is preventing me from committing,
because it insists that I'm not deleting a topfile, even though it looks to
me like I am:

trunk ❯ svn
status
⏎
A  +    twisted/test/test_import.py
D       twisted/topfiles/2503.removal
trunk ❯ svn commit -m "Unmerge remove-test-import-2053

Reopens: #2053

This branch accidentally had the wrong topfile.
"
Adding         twisted/test/test_import.py
Deleting       twisted/topfiles/2503.removal
svn: E165001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E165001: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
Must remove a <ticket>.{feature,bugfix,doc,removal,misc} file for re-opened
tickets.  For further details, refer to
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess#Newsfiles

thanks in advance
lvh