[Twisted-Python] twisted server blocking on MySQL read in main thread when using adbapi.ConnectionPool

Dan Williams dwilliams at cernium.com
Tue May 21 08:09:46 MDT 2013

On 5/21/2013 3:02 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 01:47 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
>> The invocation is simply "py-bt", but it only works if symbols are
>> available, which aren't in my case.
>
> Really, surely Ubuntu LTS has "debug symbol" packages or something? A
> quick google suggests its "packagename-dbg" for stripped symbols.

I installed the matching python-dbg package for my system early on.
Despite that, and this message from gdb:

> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/python2.7...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/python2.7...done.

I still don't get symbols printed.

> I meant to reply with this last night: knowing very little about MySQL
> or it's python bindings, is it possible you're returning an object from
> runInteraction that's still "attached" to the DB e.g. a BLOB that
> lazy-loads on references, or something?

I looked, but I didn't see anything like that. "fetchall" returns a list
of tuples and "execute" returns nothing.

> In the absence of a python traceback it might be the age-old "add prints
> everywhere and see where it stops" dance...

Sadly, you may be right. What I really need to be able to do is
replicate the problem on a non-production host, something which
I haven't been able to do so far.