[Twisted-Python] modal dialogs with the qt4reactor?

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Wed May 15 07:17:41 MDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Donal McMullan
<donal.mcmullan at gmail.com> wrote:

> In a 2006 email, Ed Suominen links to two copies of "a non-blocking
> modal dialog, immediately obtaining a deferred to the user's eventual
> input."

In Encuentro [0] I do a very similar thing (using Qt and qtreactor):

    def interactive(self):
        """Update episodes interactively."""
        dialog = dialogs.UpdateDialog()
        dialog.show()
        self._update(dialog)

The UpdateDialog() is not currently modal, but you can start from here.

The dialog is instantiated, shown, and then in _update() it's filled
with text while it downloads stuff from the server (using Twisted).

Regards,

[0] https://launchpad.net/encuentro , or just do "bzr branch
lp:encuentro" and will have all code in your disk.

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/
Twitter: @facundobatista