[Twisted-Python] Twisted on PyPI

Tom Prince tom.prince at ualberta.net
Fri May 31 14:12:11 MDT 2013

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com writes:

>>There appears to be a consensus to remove them, but I don't have access
>>to do that.
>
> What are we removing?  All of the subprojects on PyPI?
Yes.

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcess?action=diff&version=164&old_version=163

> What makes them uninstallable?  Wouldn't it make as much sense to just
> fix that?  Is this only a PyPI interaction thing, or is there actually a
> problem with the packages being distributed?

It is just that pypi doesn't (didn't, now that they are deleted) have
the necessary metadata to install them. My understanding was that we are
moving in the direction of deemphasizing the split packages. Thus why
they weren't installable from pypi, and are now removed from pypi.

  Tom