[Twisted-Python] Helping the Python 3 port

Jonathan Ballet jon at multani.info
Wed May 8 19:03:56 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:36:14AM -0600, Tom Prince wrote:
> Have you seen https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Plan/Python3 ?
>
> That is the plan for porting to python3.

What about "importing" code from other librairies?

I have this specific case where I need to support metaclass for both
Python 2.x and Python 3.x which have different syntax (__metaclass__ and
class XXX(.., metaclass=...)), which `six` addresses with a function
called `with_metaclass()` [1]

Twisted is not depending on this kind of library, how those things
should be deal with then? I can include this specific snippet (which is
actually a two-liner)in t.python.compat but what about the license?

 Jonathan

[1]: http://pythonhosted.org/six/#six.with_metaclass