[Twisted-Python] Lore and generating reStructuredText (Lore2Sphinx)

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Tue Mar 26 21:43:08 MDT 2013

Kevin Horn wrote:
[…]
> Why?  What does this buy us?  To me it seems more complicated, requires
[…]

> If it's just an incremental transition, then I think we can get that
> without resorting to relying on the guts of two fairly complicated systems.

Although I'm blissfully ignorant of the deeper, darker details of
docutils and sphinx (and hope to remain so), I feel compelled to point
out that an incremental transition is more than a “just”.  You can start
reaping the rewards of the new system sooner and with less risk than an
all-or-nothing transition, it reduces merge conflicts for
work-in-progress doc branches, etc.

So I'd say incremental transition is closer to a “must” than a “just”!

-Andrew.