[Twisted-Python] Twisted on Jython

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Mar 11 11:30:25 MDT 2013

> Note that the primary missing criterion from this ticket is the presence of a buildbot running Jython.  Any chance you'd want to contribute another bot for this purpose?

Hi Glyph,

Ok. Makes sense. That would likely bring up some issues with Jython/Twisted then, which we could address ..

Apart from that, my guess is that another important area might be reactor support .. as far as I can see Jython as some Posix wrappers which makes it run on Windows only with the less-than-stellar Windows-Select stuff, not IOCP or such. Same might apply to BSDs and Linux (don't know if they have wrappers for kqeue/epoll).

At least from my totally unscientific performance measurements with Autobahn/Twisted, Jython/SELECT is slower than CPython/IOCP, not to speak of PyPy on stuff like kqueue/epoll ..

- Tobias