[Twisted-Python] Twisted on Jython

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 9 12:53:38 MST 2013

On 06:58 pm, tom.prince at ualberta.net wrote:
>Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> writes:
>>>I suspect one early task will be to get a Jython builder set up on
>>>http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/ again.
>>
>>I can volunteer to run a Jython builder.
>
>Sure:
>https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContinuousIntegration/TestSlaveConfiguration#DonatingaSlave
>>A couple of weeks ago (2012-12-15) I sent an email to
>>buildbot at twistedmatrix.com to ask for needed slaves. I have not got an
>>answer yet.
>
>The slaves that we have are more driven by what people want to support,
>than by some central authority. There wouldn't be much point in having
>jython builder, if there weren't people interested in working on jython
>support, for example.

That said, adding redundant slaves for existing configurations will
result in builds being completed more quickly, right?  And can offer
more resilience  against offline slaves.  Faster, more reliable builds
can lead to less wasted time during development.  So if this is true,
and there are offers of hardware where we can run such slaves, I think
this is worth pursuing.

Jean-Paul