[Twisted-Python] How do I write AMP Command definitions TTD-edly?

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Mon Mar 4 08:34:54 MST 2013

Hi,

I have no issue writing AMP responders TTD-edly, they work pretty much the
way any other code would. However, I did notice that the only way I'd
notice if my Command definitions themselves were broken were if my
functional tests start failing.

It would be nice if I could write unit test driven Command specifications,
as well.

The quickest I could come up with was to call makeArguments/makeResponse
with a few known-good/known-bad dictionaries, and see if it blows up. Is
there a smarter way to do it?

--
cheers
lvh