[Twisted-Python] How to dispatch message to different servers

Benjamin BERTRAND beenje at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 01:39:57 MST 2013

Le 1 mars 2013 à 23:27, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> a écrit :

> On Mar 1, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Benjamin BERTRAND <beenje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was hoping to avoid having to put something like AMP in place, because it looked a bit overkill for my case.
>> I think I actually found a way :-)
>

> In what way is it "overkill"?  The dictionary says that <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/overkill> is "an excess of what is required or suitable, as because of zeal or misjudgment".  What is AMP too much of?  Memory?  CPU?  Bandwidth?  API complexity?  Code size?  As compared to what?

"overkill" wasn't maybe the proper term to use.
I was just referring to code complexity based on my knowledge, or lack of knowledge :-)
I had the impression AMP is used when you need to exchange various command/response.
I don't need all that "power" as I just want to pass some messages.

I thought using a deferred like I did in my code example was easier.
Not sure though as Jean-Paul pointed it probably doesn't work.

My server already uses a specific protocol to communicate with the client.
So I don't really see how to integrate AMP there.
Do you have any example?

Thanks

Benjamin