[Twisted-Python] Need help regarding Gsoc 2013

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Mar 1 11:51:40 MST 2013

On Mar 1, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Saurabh Mahindre <saurabh.mahindre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I would like to be involved in next gsoc.

OK.  I don't think we have any plans for that yet.  Perhaps we should start making them.

> Twisted interests me as whole and how it eases networking whenever I worked with it.

Always nice to hear :).

> Integration with GUI loops was also very great.Having seen Twisted in action , how it works at lower level will be great thing to know more about.

Really glad to hear you're interested in this.  It's a highly useful dimension of Twisted's functionality which is not as popular as it should be.

If you're interested in both of these, we used to have a reactor implementation that would display some of the inner workings of the reactor itself in a GUI.  This only ever worked, poorly, on one platform (GTK), and I believe it's probably pretty badly broken right now.  Would you be interested in implementing this with multiple toolkits (GTK, whatever the best thing is for Windows, and Cocoa, perhaps)?

Just a thought - the first project that popped into my head.

-glyph