[Twisted-Python] is twisted compatible with pickle?

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Thu Mar 28 23:07:18 EDT 2013

dataReceived gets called with any data that is available on the socket.
 That might not be all data you sent on the other side.  To ensure complete
"messages" are delivered your application has to specify some framing, such
as Netstrings.

See:
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.protocols.basic.NetstringReceiver.htmland
the original specification of netstrings
http://cr.yp.to/proto/netstrings.txt

That being said, it's a very bad idea to send pickles over the network
because unpickling can result in arbitrary code execution.

Peruse some of the results of
https://www.google.com/search?q=pickle+execute+arbitrary+code for examples
of these dangers.

-David