[Twisted-Python] Lore and generating reStructuredText (Lore2Sphinx)

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 23 22:57:25 EDT 2013

On Mar 21, 2013, at 7:17 AM, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Notice that the node trees look exactly the same.  Now this is not quite true, as there's probably some attributes on the actual Python nodes that might be used to distinguish them when writing output which aren't displayed here...they certainly get rendered into HTML differently.  But the point is that the directive itself is GONE and you have no real way of recreating it from the node tree.

The directive isn't "gone"; it turns into the attributes on the Python nodes that you're talking about.  Presumably that's what's used to render it into HTML.  I believe it was Doug Hellmann who indicated to Jean-Paul that this was possible.

Perhaps you mean "there's no public API for constructing the node tree representation of an arbitrary directive"?

-glyph