[Twisted-Python] Final request URI from an Agent response

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Mar 18 01:17:11 EDT 2013

On Mar 16, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Jonathan Jacobs <jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com> wrote:

> And, when the IRI ticket is finally complete, are we going to have to introduce yet another API for getting an IRI object?

It seems to me that it would be a compatible change to have an IRI.fromString method that could do some extremely straightforward parsing - heck, even ASCII-only! - and then add support for more complex forms later.  After all, we have APIs like clientFromString which explicitly support extension; the contract is just (string)->something or (string)->CantGiveYouSomething; the exact format of the string is up to modification.  (Although I would suggest that once we have tests for parsing a particular form we should never _remove_ that form...)

-glyph