[Twisted-Python] Epoll error after upgrading from 10.0 to 12.3

Alec Matusis matusis at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 21:00:18 EST 2013

> If you don't find a ticket for the bug, you should report it.  Please be
sure to include enough information to reproduce the issue if you file a new
ticket (or as much information as you have, at least).

> Jean-Paul

I filed http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/6346

It's hard to do any detailed analysis on a live production system, so I do
not know how to reliably reproduce it, except that it spontaneously happened
on two more additional servers last night. strace looks more or less the
same as on a normal server, but given the volume each server has 100s
connections per second) it's hard to parse strace output. I now believe that
after the first error occurs the server remains overall functional and still
accepts new connections, but a growing number of existing connections
becomes affected, and the logs become flooded with this error.

Since this is a production system I have to revert to 10.0.0 now.