[Twisted-Python] github, again

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Tue Jun 4 14:55:19 MDT 2013

> So when the code is ready, the feature branch including any accumulated
commits (history) will
> get merged - and not a clean diff against the main repo?

I'm very far from being a git expert. In fact, I'm kind of the opposite -
git and I have a stormy relationship and everyone has to tell me what to do.

But, I believe this is what git rebase is mainly used for. You can rebase
your branch against an updated master and (I'm guessing) make your changes
look like a single diff. Some people don't like that as it changes history,
others do like it and say yes, that's the point - clean up the history so
the commit log isn't full of tiny changes that were all made in order to
effect some change (i.e., address a given ticket/issue).

I'm REALLY far from being a git pro, so someone else should confirm/correct
this.

Terry