[Twisted-Python] logging

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jun 15 06:28:06 MDT 2013

On 06/15/2013 12:13 PM, Glyph wrote:

> I am really, really puzzled by this reaction.  I am wondering if you
> read my message carefully, or if I didn't express myself well.

Careful re-reading of the very last bit of your message suggests I may
have misunderstood.

I think I understand the "final" stage, and in that situation the UUID
is invisible, correct? It's hidden behind the declaration of a "log
event" object which can be called to emit or observe said events. That
seems fine, though I'm not sure what the UUID *does* in that situation -
route/match is via python object access, no?

I *think* I now understand the intermediate stage, where the log events
are emitted by old code, and observed by UUID. You're suggesting
calculating the UUID from the module name and static data (format
string). I guess that's no worse than any other solution - until the log
emitter is converted to a newer/better API, there's no great way to
observe it.

Before we proceed, can you confirm I've understood your proposal correctly?