[Twisted-Python] on contributions

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jun 5 01:37:22 MDT 2013

On 5 June 2013 09:29, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
[snip]

> So, please, go on contributing patches to Twisted; I thank you for your
> contribution and I thank you doubly for your patience.

>From my point of view, the fact that reviews take so long is one
reason why committing patches to Twisted is not fun. So I think that
you are right to focus on solving the review issues.

I have contributed a few patches to twisted.protocols.ftp and I think
that one of the reason why it took so long to review the code, is due
to the fact that no core developer really cares about FTP
implementation.
I know that everybody want Twisted to be big and great, but there are
limited resources that needs to be managed.

This is not a complain :), but what I wanted to say is that maybe it
is better for Twisted to be a thinner library, and "downgrade" some of
the code to independent projects.

In this way, core developers will have more time to review more
important core features, rather than looking at my minor fixes for FTP
and later maintaining that code.

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban