[Twisted-Python] ugh open-ssl and twisted python

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jul 27 16:30:15 MDT 2013

On Jul 27, 2013, at 3:12 PM, gary clark <burslem2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok finally fixed the damn thing. I made the packets smaller and created a task in the .tac file to call a  routine that send the message parts piece by piece.
>
> Thanks,
> Gazza

That's the wrong way to implement that.  You can't rely on any particular MTU over the internet, or even over one particular stream; it can change over time.  TCP connections are streams of bytes.  Please see the following FAQ:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Whyisprotocol.dataReceivedcalledwithonlypartofthedataIcalledtransport.writewith>

-glyph