[Twisted-Python] Using telnet or linereceiver protocol over ssh

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 6 22:57:15 EST 2013

On 02:23 am, glyph at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

>On Jan 5, 2013, at 12:22 PM, Fabian Sturm <f at rtfs.org> wrote:
>>Unfortunately I am not sure if I am the right one for documentation
>>since I still struggle with some of the concepts. But I would like to
>>publish this combined sftp and command server as a reference.
>
>In a way, it is best to work on documentation when you don't yet fully
>understand, because if you fully understand you yourself don't need the
>documentation any more :).

As I may have mentioned before, I strongly disagree with this.

It is much easier to (*correctly*) explain something you already
understand, all other things being equal.

The factor that seems to lead people to suggest that people who don't
understand a thing write documentation for that thing is that once you
understand it, you don't *want* the documentation *for yourself*
anymore, which removes one possible motivation for creating it.

But no matter how much we might want to exploit this motivation in
people, it doesn't mean that the result will be good documentation.

Jean-Paul