[Twisted-Python] Twisted Endpoints and WebSocket / Autobahn

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Tue Dec 31 03:41:36 MST 2013

> > Thing is: I was looking for --endpoint "..." argument with twistd, but
> > there isn't.
> >
> > How is the full endpoint "vision" supposed to work out? I mean, being
> > able to:
> >
> > twistd conch --endpoint "autobahn:tcp\:80:url=ws\://myhost.com"
> >
> > to run a conch server that can be accessed running SSH over WebSocket
> > over TCP.
>
> FWIW, the argument you’re looking for is usually called “--port”.
> The most obvious example is the web plugin.

Thanks! That's what I was missing.

It works: I can run

twistd -n telnet --port "autobahn:tcp\:9000:url=ws\://localhost\:9000"

and access the Python shell from a browser:

http://picpaste.com/Clipboard23-fJfJCg7E.png

I'll write a small Telnet client in JS .. and will post a complete example.

This is cool=)

/Tobias