[Twisted-Python] Twisted Endpoints and WebSocket / Autobahn

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 30 14:41:30 MST 2013

On Dec 30, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made Autobahn fully Endpoint aware.
>
> You can run WebSocket over any stream-based endpoint
>
> https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnPython/tree/master/examples/twisted/websocket/echo_endpoints
>
> and you can run any stream-based endpoint over WebSocket (which in turn runs over any stream-based underlying endpoint):
>
> https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnPython/tree/master/examples/twisted/websocket/wrapping
>
> Endpoints are cool!

AWESOME!!!!

I'm just thrilled at more third-party plugins starting to take advantage of this powerful extensibility API.  This looks great.

(Sorry about the somewhat poorly-thought-out syntax there, with the colons that need to be escaped all over the place; hopefully we can fix that one day somehow.)

Is there an example of doing this with 'twistd' anywhere?

-glyph