[Twisted-Python] Filing Bugs

Gerrat Rickert grickert at coldstorage.com
Wed Dec 4 15:16:13 MST 2013

> > I assume there's something obvious that I'm missing, but it's flying
> below my visual radar, because I've tried looking everywhere on the
> site.
>
> I had exactly this problem last night. I googled "twisted password
> reset" and found this page
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/reset_password
>
> I got it to send me a reset password, but that password didn't work (as
> explained in my mailing list post I sent last night).

So, since I couldn't remember my username from before, I decided to just register for a new account.
During registration, it informed me:
"Warning: Another account or group already exists, who's name differs from <my name> only by case or is identical"

So I was likely just trying to re-use the same username...
It then took a few tries to guess at the right case for the previous username I had used.

...and so finally, I hit upon the right case, and it sent me an email with a new password

*Which (as you've mentioned) doesn't work.*

I've filed a website bug about the whole issue (should probably be 3 separate bugs, but I really don't have the patience):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/twisted-website/+bug/1257934