[Twisted-Python] Filing Bugs

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Dec 10 18:28:38 MST 2013

On 12/09/2013 12:43 PM, Daniel Sank wrote:
> This is an update because glyph asked about this issue in another
> thread but I want to put the information where it belongs:
>
> 1. Try to log in. Does not accept credentials (login box simply
> reappears with username and password fields blank).
>
> 2. Cannot find a password reset option. Scratch head.
>
> 3. Google "twisted password reset". Find this page:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/reset_password.
>
> 4. Ask for password reset. Receive email.
>
> 5. Try new password, goto 1.

I am unable to reproduce (in Chrome, using HTTPS rather than HTTP). I am
able to sign in with newly created user... but resetting the password
doesn't work, it gives me a "The email and username must match a known
account." message which is quite bogus. I see nothing different between
the new account I created, the danielsank account and my real account
when using the Admin UI. A second account created with Firefox did show
the failure to login, but browser may be unrelated.

This is still pretty bad, since password resets don't work, but I can't
actually get them to be emailed.

I hate Trac so very much.

I suspect some issue with cookies, since I've created multiple logins
but it keeps trying to log me in as a different one. Might be browser
auth history though, hard to tell.

Can you try deleting all cookies for twistedmatrix.com and then try the
reset again, or perhaps login with last reset password you got?