[Twisted-Python] Unit testing AMP responder method registration

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Tue Dec 3 06:19:53 MST 2013

Hi!

I'm trying to write code using TDD and AMP. I'm trying to figure out how to
write a unit test for:

@MyCommand.responder

Specifically, I would assume that test:

1. Tests that the responder locator has a responder for MyCommand;
2. That responder matches the decorated method

(1) is easy, (2) not so much. Since usually the responder locator gives me
this nasty "doit" function that isn't introspectable (unless
it.func_closure[0].cell_contents.im_func counts as "introspection"), I'm
not sure how to write that unit test.

I do have end-to-end tests for this, obviously: I would like to also have
regular tests :)

thanks in advance
lvh