[Twisted-Python] Interesting plot on new author contributions post-Github for several Python packages

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 27 06:14:11 MDT 2013

On 09:54 am, _ at lvh.io wrote:
>IIUC, Tom does most of his contributing through Github. That probably
>means
>that it's a well-supported process that has most of the kinks ironed
>out:
>after all, if Tom hasn't caught them, I would guess a new contributor
>probably wouldn't either :-)

Or it means Tom's workflow is fine and he's learned all the issues he
needs to avoid tripping over.

You didn't quote anything in the message you replied to, so I'll just
guess that this is an email meant as a "+1 please switch to github".
Please correct that impression if it is mistaken.

If it is not mistaken, then please let this sub-thread of the discussion
die right here (reasons for doing so already given in near countless
reviewers and other contributions seem more likely to bear fruit.  Let's
follow through on those.

Thanks,
Jean-Paul