[Twisted-Python] Twisted as a House for Sale

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Aug 21 12:32:18 MDT 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Matt Haggard <haggardii at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got the start of a demo multi-protocol chat server, if anyone's
> interested in taking a look.  (Is this the right place for this
> discussion?  Would IRC be better?)

This is a fine place for discussion.  If you prefer IRC, by all means use it, but mailing lists create a more persistent artifact that is easier to reference later.

> Run it on your own machine by doing this:
> # make a virtualenv if you want
> git clone -b demo https://github.com/iffy/twistedftw.git
> cd twistedftw
> pip install -r demo_requirements.txt
> twistd -n txftw
> # go to http://127.0.0.1:8400

Cool.

> I'm thinking I'll add an SSH and SCP element, too.  So far, it seems
> kind of boring.  Maybe a game of some kind would be a better demo?  I
> appreciate any feedback.

I think that as long as you make it easy to hack it up, it's OK to be a bit boring at first; the real thrill comes from editing the code and watching it change.

If you really want to make it exciting though, there's always <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~divmod-dev/divmod.org/trunk/files/head:/Imaginary/> if you're feeling adventurous ;-).

-g