[Twisted-Python] Current callback best practices

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Wed Apr 3 05:25:51 MDT 2013

Am 02.04.2013 um 16:32 schrieb Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>:

>> My question can be simplified to: Closures yes or no?
> "As appropriate".

I had that coming. :)

[…]

Thanks for your verbose explanations!

>> If “yes, closures”: Still using cb/eb prefixes? I don’t see them very often in recent examples. What about addBoth handlers?
> If you're using a closure, use a descriptive name.  The 'cb/eb' prefix notation is not particularly illustrative; I often use an english word like 'when'.  whenDisconnected, whenResponseReceived, etc.

So you’re cool with calling callbacks after the event that triggered? That would’ve been my second question but I didn’t want it to divert the discussion. I kind of like `onData` et al too but the Twisted examples rather shun it.

Thanks,
Hynek