[Twisted-Python] Speed of twisted on Amazon EC2

Tom van Neerijnen twisted at tomvn.com
Sun Apr 21 06:58:06 EDT 2013

Hi all

I recently wrote a hello world HTTP app in Twisted, Cyclone, node, Go and
Scala on the Play framework, and used a combination of ab and gattling to
see how fast each was on an m1.small instance on Amazon EC2. I also tested
it on bare metal (my laptop:)) but I'll get to that later.

The code I used for twisted was the web server code sample from the front
page of twistedmatrix.com with the numberRequests increment dropped and a
simple "Hello World!" returned instead.
For cyclone I used the sample code from the cyclone docs with the same
string being returned.
Node was the sample from their front page.
Play and Go I've never worked with before so those were copy pastes from
various examples on their pages but again same URI and return string as the
other frameworks.