[Twisted-Python] Improved StandardIO support in Windows

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Apr 19 15:58:33 EDT 2013

On 06:55 pm, johnnypops at gmail.com wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 02:21:48PM -0400, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:
>>
>>The main issue is that the patch is too big? The easiest way to solve
>>that
>>is to split it up into multiple tickets, each addressing a subsection
>>of
>>the problem, with a corresponding small patch. It's fine to say "and
>>this
>>patch requires ticket #1234 to be fixed."
>
>OK, thanks, I'll do that.

To add to what Itamar wrote a bit, an important part of this strategy is
that the individual pieces the task gets split into need to each make
some kind of sense on their own.  It's fine for there to be dependencies
(but the dependencies should only go in one direction), but a ticket the
summary of which is "apply this patch to _win32stdio.py that I wrote"
won't work very well.  Instead, be sure that the tickets are things like
"implement feature foo for Win32EventsReactor".

Jean-Paul