[Twisted-Python] twisted.cred interface deficiences

Shell cam.turn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:34:36 EDT 2013

It actually might be the appropriate thing already. There's a couple
of possible reasons for renaming; one is that the password might not
be hashed but the credentials object wants to insert additional logic
(exarkun's statement in IRC) anyway, but technically that's just
hashing using the identity function, so it should be OK.

The other is that the credentials object might want to collect the
plaintext password, and perform some logic based on that *before*
collecting something which can be compared to something derived from
the plaintext password from the other end of a protocol. I don't know
of any protocols which do this off the top of my head, but I have a
suspicion that at least a couple exist, and they'd fit perfectly into
this interface. If none do, then keeping it with the same name sounds
fine to me.

Cameron