[Twisted-Python] Transplating a request's transport (SockJS)

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Oct 28 14:17:25 MDT 2012

On Oct 28, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:

> This leads me to believe I'm essentially just screwing up transplanting this transport entirely. Is that the case?

Since there's no supported way to transplant a transport (see <http://tm.tl/3204>)... yes.

But, even if you were going to rely on undefined behavior and private APIs, I don't see anything in your code sample that changes anything on the transport to point at your new protocol.  So I don't see why you would think that it would start calling methods on it :).

-g