No subject

Mon Oct 15 06:52:25 MDT 2012

requests per second while Twisted and Cyclone were only handling 400-500
requests per second.

On loopback from the same m1.small I suspect I was starting to load test
the load testers more than the apps but locally all the frameworks were
performing similarly.

Load testing from another machine to my laptop I was seeing far better
performance from Twisted and Cyclone, both doing closer to 2k requests per
second. The other frameworks were only a little quicker but again, there's
a chance the machine running the load tests was the bottle neck.

These tests were very unscientifically done but I still wasn't expecting to
see such a big difference between specifically node and Twisted.  500
req/sec is plenty quick for 90% of what I do and of course I know there's
so much more to an application than returning hello world but I was
wondering if I was missing some trick to speed Twisted up to get close to
the others on EC2.

--00235429db04babb2704dadcd36a

ld HTTP app in Twisted, Cyclone, node, Go and Scala on the Play framework, =
and used a combination of ab and gattling to see how fast each was on an m1=
.small instance on Amazon EC2. I also tested it on bare metal (my laptop:))=
 but I&#39;ll get to that later.<br>
rom the front page of <a href=3D"http://twistedmatrix.com">twistedmatrix.co=
m</a> with the numberRequests increment dropped and a simple &quot;Hello Wo=
rld!&quot; returned instead.<br>
For cyclone I used the sample code from the cyclone docs with the same stri=
ng being returned.<br>Node was the sample from their front page.<br>Play an=
d Go I&#39;ve never worked with before so those were copy pastes from vario=
us examples on their pages but again same URI and return string as the othe=
r frameworks.<br>
ere handling about 1.5k requests per second while Twisted and Cyclone were =
om the same m1.small I suspect I was starting to load test the load testers=
 more than the apps but locally all the frameworks were performing similarl=
y.<br>
far better performance from Twisted and Cyclone, both doing closer to 2k re=
quests per second. The other frameworks were only a little quicker but agai=
n, there&#39;s a chance the machine running the load tests was the bottle n=
eck.<br>
&#39;t expecting to see such a big difference between specifically node and=
 Twisted.=A0 500 req/sec is plenty quick for 90% of what I do and of course=
 I know there&#39;s=20
so much more to an application than returning hello world but I was=20
wondering if I was missing some trick to speed Twisted up to get close=20

--00235429db04babb2704dadcd36a--