[Twisted-Python] a question about monotonic clock

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 13:52:17 EDT 2012

On 29/10/12 09:59, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

> I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing *against* implementing
> this functionality; I think the point was just that this functionality
> is only of critical importance under a limited range of circumstances,
> as opposed to being something of urgent need for every Twisted-using
> program that needs to schedule timed events.

I think this is a pretty good summary; it's rare to need this (though
often essential when you do) and it's also hard. TBH I'm not sure there
are any sensible semantics for a lot of the cases - the best the
framework can do is give the app an option for clocks, and try to give
them as much info as possible about how they've advanced or not.