[Twisted-Python] a question about monotonic clock

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Sun Oct 28 11:45:14 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Christopher Armstrong
<radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> I think that for *certain* uncommon types of applications, even the very
> minor skewing of ntp can cause problems, but I wonder if gelin yan has

I'm having trouble imagining such an application. In particular, if
the application is sensitive to such minor fluctuations in the time
source, I don't see how it could operate on commodity hardware at all;
such fluctuations are present regardless of whether ntp is slewing the
clock or not. You would need to use a separate hardware time source
that is more reliable, at which point ntp is essentially out of the
picture.