[Twisted-Python] git repo maintenance

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 22 15:30:49 EDT 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... the local copy ...

I should also say that I think it's very important to set up a documented, automated process, ideally on the twistedmatrix.com infrastructure somewhere, that will do the pull and update and stuff.  There's already a git mirror on wolfwood in /var/www/git/Twisted.  I have no idea why it's not being automatically updated.

For example, there's a post-commit hook that updates the bzr mirror, so it's always up to date.  See wolfwood:/svn/Twisted/hooks/post-commit for the details of how that works.

A post-commit hook might not be appropriate for git; so you might want to queue up changes for a cron job.

-glyph