[Twisted-Python] git repo maintenance

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Sun Oct 21 14:54:26 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 06:37 pm, jstpierre at mecheye.net wrote:
>>On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>*snip*
>>>While I'm sympathetic to toolchain woes, I can't help but wonder if
>>>you're being really honest here (with yourself, at least).  Running
>>>"svn
>>>diff" may make you feel bad inside, because svn isn't the latest cool
>>>toy, but a *hurdle*?  It's just difficult to understand.
>>
>>Yes. it's difficult to understand. I see that as a hurdle.
>
> I would hope that we could keep the level of discourse above this.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to hear. The few times I've tried
to contributed to Twisted, svn was actually a big barrier. Trying to
update my patches so that I'm sure the tests pass on trunk produced
mysterious merge conflicts in files I've never touched. Maybe I'm bad
at svn, but it's never worked well for me.

> Jean-Paul

  Jasper